Pillow Talk (42)
Dr. Doris Day talks to the Neck Pillow Ladies on the Doctor Radio Show Tonight!
Kim and I were thrilled to be interviewed by Dermatologist, Dr. Doris Day, on one of our favourite Sirius radio shows... Doctor Radio! We can't completely stop the effects of the Sun... Gravity.... or Genetics ...But we can change the way we sleep. And our beauty sleep may be aging us if we sleep ON OUR FACES! Dr. Day has long said that sleep lines and facial imbalances are something she sees on a regular basis. She also knows that quality sleep is instrumental in our battle to stay healthy and youthful. enVy pillow maximizes the results of anti-aging treatments...by minimizing the face-to-pillow contact!
Thanks Dr. Day.... we are thrilled to have you sleeping AND traveling with enVy!
A Link Between Sleep Position and Wrinkles?
We call it "Bedface" around here!
Bernadette Harte is a non-surgical training manager at the Harley Medical Group …one of the UK and Republic of Ireland's leading Cosmetic Surgery Groups.
Bernadette knows that there is a lot of truth in the idea that the way we sleep can and DOES effect our youthful appearance! She observed that patients routinely require more dermal filler (such as Juvederm, Restylane) on one side of their face……. wait for it…….THE SIDE THEY SLEEP ON !
Here are her observations:
• Firstly the side that you sleep on regularly will have more fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and the naso labial fold (nose to mouth line) on that side will be deeper – this is because THE FACE IS PRESSED AGAINST THE PILLOW FOR AN EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME.
• The sleeping side may also appear slightly saggier and drier due to loss of elasticity – as you get older the skin loses collagen which reduces its ability to retain elasticity and moisture and this process can be encouraged if the skin is not allowed to breathe properly, something which would happen in a small degree IF YOU SLEEP ON ONE SIDE OF THE FACE MORE THAN THE OTHER.
• In addition, patients that have too many pillows are likely to have a double chin and more creases on their necks, as they sleep with their heads at an angle which pushes their chin against their neck and encourages the skin to fold and sag. Other facial "tells" come from patients who suffer from acne – often they will have had more spots on the side of the face that they sleep on, this is because as you sleep you are pressing on the sebaceous gland which increases bacteria to that area – those who have suffered from acne in the past will have more scarring from spots on one side of their face and this would give away their sleeping side.
• Lastly if you work in an environment in which one side of your face is more exposed to the sun than the other then this side will likely appeared more aged. Interestingly you can often tell an office worker that has sat the same window in their office for many years and those who spend a lot of time driving, as they would have seen more sun on one side of their face.
• To avoid your sleeping side being noticeable through these ‘tells’, it would be best to sleep on your back with minimal pillows.
Thanks Bernadette….. we needed that!
PhysioMed and enVy Pillow make Good Bedfellows....40 Clinics across Ontario!
With Physiomed's "whole Health" approach to their clientele, we know enVy will be a product with the same wellness philosophy…..treat the cause and not just the symptom. PhysioMed is the brain child of Dr. Scott Wilson, a chiropractor who made an interesting observation in 1995. He found that the clients who came to him for help with injuries and conditions often had different health concerns that needed to be addressed in an environment where they would be able to access the necessary resources in order to achieve their health and wellness goals. And so PhysioMed was created in order to offer clients access to a variety of onsite services which includes physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage therapy, clinical conditioning, rehabilitation, orthotic therapy and compression therapy. Physiomed is founded on a "whole health" care system that enhances performance by fixing existing conditions, identifying potential problems, and making appropriate changes to wellness regime and lifestyle.
What’s different about Physiomed?
- Their “whole health” approach means they treat the cause, not just the symptom
- They combine rehabilitative treatments with proactive clinical conditioning, so they are not just treating your injuries – they are preventing new ones from occurring, and helping you feel stronger and healthier overall
- A team of skilled healthcare practitioners from a variety of disciplines work together to bring you an integrated treatment plan that brings you the best of many different therapies
- They are dedicated to helping you get healthy and stay healthy. For life.
Check out their website to learn more and to find a clinic near you … www.physiomed.ca